Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Asssassination makes me sleepy--Tuesday, May 5, 2009

I woke up this morning nestled up to the little keyboard I had dutifully practiced sections of Un Ballo in Maschera on last night during commercial breaks of the Daily and Colbert Report shows;
something about chromatic lines set to text about and assassination and murder make me want to go to sleep.

A local upcoming production of an opera (on a classical subject by a British composer) has requested that I submit a 500-words-or-less essay stating what I would bring to their musical collaboration before I am considered for a role, a task which frankly makes me think of certain four-lettered words at least 500 times. The sad part is that I will probably write and submit an essay anyway.

An audition for yet another opera, also on a classical subject (the Trojan War) is in the offing later this month but my brain is presently crammed so full of Verdi...

Is it problematic that I'm double-cast for a Ballo and still don't know which performances are mine in spite of the fact that opening night is less than a month away...?

No comments:

Post a Comment