Thursday, May 28, 2009

Slouching towards Troy--Thursday, May 28, 2009


What becomes an opera singer most on his day off from seemingly endless rehearsals? An audition. The aforementioned audition for the new opera based on the Trojan War has arrived, and after so much Verdi-derived skull-duggery, I'm wearily trying to wind my way up to impersonating divinity--I understand there's some gods on the dramatis personae, but chances are, as a bass, if I'm cast it'll be as some gruff grody soldier.

Might I mention that I haven't heard jack from the Rape of Lucretia people, after writing a nice little essay and everything? I simply don't have the time; Lucretia is going to have to meet her unfortunate fate some other time as far as I'm concerned......which is probably just as well.

So tired....

No comments:

Post a Comment