Tuesday, June 23, 2009

No Trojans in *my* future--Tuesday, June 23, 2009


Let's start with the Battle of Troy opera....I'll try to make this brief:

I saw, I sang, I conquered.

I was offered the title role, that being Hector.

I began to think highly complimentary things of myself.

My voice teacher, when apprised of this offer, was like, "Um, what....?"

I rather unwillingly turned the role down.

Then the Boyfriend was like, "Um, what....?"

I assured him that my voice teacher and I had made the wisest decision.

The role was given to a wildly-talented former-mezzo, the aforementioned Bryn Jimenez.

I returned to Verdi and silently ground my teeth to powder.

:::::::::Finis:::::::::::

I mean, really, it's been almost ten years and only now am I sorta learning how to sing properly. To wit, there simply isn't a moment where I don't wonder whether I've made the wisest decision--the title role, people!!!--but I'm telling all inquiring parties that I have; that's my story, I'm sticking to it.



(whimper)

No comments:

Post a Comment